Monday, January 14, 2008

My First Blog!

Today is a day for adventures. Adventures of the unknown, for today I attempt to keep the masses interested in my less than dull life. I am attempting to write a blog. My first thoughts were that I must seem to be profound, intelligent, and interesting. What I soon realized was that my grammar is less than intelligent as I began to look up how to spell words like intelligent and profound. Those who chose to read this will soon realize that there are indeed an abundance of grammatical errors and misspelled words. My life will most likely be opaque and boring, lacking in all categories for being interesting. I also came o realize that try as I may I do not seem to sound profound or even make profound statements. I am a scientist (so I call myself) and as a result I state things as they are. I am not wishy, washy like an English major. In science things are what they are, they are not what the individual perceives. Thyroxin IS released from the thyroid gland and it IS involved in the general metabolism of the organism. This is what it IS and what it DOES. If it doesn't perform these functions you have a disorder. That is why I like science. So...according to me this blog will never be profound, intelligent, or interesting. To the reader maybe it is a different story. Nevertheless please keep you comments to yourselves unless they are profound, intelligent, and/or interesting.

7 comments:

Jason said...

I asked my thyroxine if it was being excreted but it didnt reply. I think I have a disorder

Joyce said...

If it is about you...it will be interesting. Love you and miss you. Can you come home this weekend and make us a fabulous meal?:).

Anonymous said...

Hey Jordan,

Anything you may write will be interesting since it let's all those who care about you know a little more about you and what makes you the great guy you are (at least that's what Lindsay says!!) It's interesting that you should mention thyroxine. If you ever need a case study, my thyroid would be happy to oblige!!! It has had its "ups and downs!"

We miss both you and Lindsay. Take great care of her for us!

Katrina VandenBerg said...

You are too much... I had to google at least five of the words on your blog for it to make sense to me. Very educational.

Your wishy washy English major friend,
Katrina

Anonymous said...

Jordan, I missed you because of your lab today. that really sucks. keep your blog updated, because while you may not have mastered the English language as well as I have, it's still neat to read.

Robyn deGroot said...

yay Jordan blogged! (is that profound enough?)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.