Monday, January 28, 2008

Buffuffalo...

On Saturday, January 26, James, Matt, Jason, Bradley's buns, and I went on a shopping trip to Buffalo. The trip up was loud, crammed, and quite honestly was probably the worst part of the trip. Having three big dudes in a back seat that is only suppose to fit two people is...well...quite squishy. Not to mention Matt's poor selection of music. He thinks that Ace of Base and Imogen Heap are one in the same...I think not. Being as bold as men are we did not look at the directions while we were driving because "Men don't need maps!" As it turns out we took the wrong border crossing and had to backtrack. We not only lost a half an hour, but also some of our manly pride. I am not saying that the trip up was horrible; I am just saying that the rest of the trip was a lot better. Having a headache is no good... and neither is having a numb bum. Meanwhile Lindsay was enjoying being a nerd in Toronto (she told me to put this in).

We finally arrived at the mall and promptly ran in to eat some food. I was completely shocked that not a single soul has tried Arby's in Ontario; it is proven scientifically. I promptly convinced James and Brad to try the chicken, bacon, and Swiss sandwich and was overjoyed when they actually liked it. Two more converts to the Arby's club. We began to decide on which stores to look at which deemed to be quite the daunting task because of the two hundred plus stores. It was decided that we would split us because we could than go to more stores we actually liked. In the end I purchased two sweaters, pajama pants and a polo shirt. I scored quite the deal with the two sweaters and the pants, saving a total of one hundred and twenty dollars. Everyone else saved big on some serious deals and the trip was concluded to be a success. The biggest success was that of strengthening our friendships with each other!! Cheesy, but true....

I wish I had an exciting story to tell, but nothing like that happened. I could have made something up but that would be lying and lying is from hell. Also I made it my goal to not fabricate about my life to make it more exciting...this tends to lead to shorter blogs and a lot of backspacing. Maybe something special will happen this coming week when I make a trip to downtown Toronto! On that I will keep you informed.

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

When we are in Toronto, I will make sure that something blog-worthy happens. I am glad that you bought those shirts. They look super.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! Arby's!! I am glad you added converts to the awesome Arby's fan club (or whatever you call it). Since its the best restaurant in the world

Anonymous said...

brilliant. I couldn't have summed up the trip better myself and I am tickled that you used my line.
Perhaps next time we could score a minivan or something of that sort.

Joyce said...

I reeeeally didn't expect you to blog again Jordan, but glad you did. I thought you were over the whole Arbys thing:>). YOur package should come sometime this week. Let me know when you receive it. since it has important documents and all. Love you Miss you

Anonymous said...

chicken, bacon, swiss. That is a combination made in heaven.

Katrina VandenBerg said...

Your scientific research is faulty. I am from Ontario, have eaten at Arby's. I am a huge fan. (Huge as in "I like them a lot" fan, not huge as in "I have eaten too many of their sandwiches" fan).

Joyce said...

I WANT TO SEE PICTURES!!!! Did yu break your new camera?

Janice said...

Hey im impressed you are blogging!
Keep it up.
we all miss you!